Groom Wedding Day Checklist
1. Relax. Enjoy the morning. Take some time for you to relax mentally and physically. Do you find your mind clears after a good workout? Don’t skip that workout! It will help! Make sure you do it early enough so you can clean up before the ceremony. Crank up some of your favorite tunes as you get ready. Take pictures of anyone who decides to dance to the music.
2. Check in with the bride-to-be. Your bride needs you! Even if you are not seeing each other before the ceremony check in on her. You can either text her, call her, or write her a note and let one of your guys deliver it for you. Prepare responses as she may write you back.
3. Eat something that is not junk food. There is no guarantee when you are going to eat after the ceremony, so make sure you have a good meal beforehand. Don’t overindulge. You don’t want to fall asleep on your feet at the altar! It is important though that you make sure it’s more than chips or something along those lines.
4. Hydrate. Make sure you also stay hydrated. This is especially important if you are someone who gets warm when you get nervous. Make sure you drink enough to avoid problems during the ceremony.
5. Shave. Unless your bride wants you to have facial hair make sure you shave the morning of your wedding. This may seem like a no-brainer, but nerves can make people forget things. After you shave, put on her favorite aftershave. She will love the scent and it may help calm her nerves. Make sure your guys clean up as well.
6. Make sure everybody has the right socks and shoes. Check your socks and shoes before you have to rush to dress. If you are wearing special socks, make sure everyone has the right pairs.
7. Check out your clothes for the day. Make sure they are wrinkle-free. Take care of any last-minute ironing early in the day.
8. Take a few pictures with the guys before heading for the ceremony. This is a special time in your life. Make sure you capture it on film. Don’t rely on posed pictures, try to catch everybody acting natural. These funny moments will give you a laugh when you look back at your wedding photos.
9. Don’t forget the rings and the license. These are the two most important things you need for the ceremony. Give them to somebody who can safeguard them!
10. Look over your vows before you repeat them. If you are reading your own vows, read over them one more time before the ceremony starts. This last reading calms your nerves and gives you a chance to make last-minute changes.
11. Factor in traffic and other delays. If you are getting ready away from your ceremony site, give yourselves plenty of time to arrive. It is always better to get there ten minutes early.
12. Keep a handkerchief handy. You are going to need it when you see your bride! She may even need it during your vows.
13. Breathe! As you look over your family and friends that gather for your special moment, breathe! Take the moment in but do not hyperventilate. Your bride will be in your arms before you know it.
As you prepare for your special day, contact Brookshire for all your venue needs. Our professional staff will make sure you have the wedding of your dreams!